E193: 2018 Goals – The Home StretchNovember 1, 2018 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
The first month of the Q4 is nearly at an end so its high time that I give you guys an update on my 2018 goals. There have been a couple of snags along the way but I remain optimistic about the coming months and what we’ve got planned for the business.
And now, here’s where I’m at.
1. Develop 50 new products
We’re currently very far behind because of the fact that we were forced to make changes tie due to existing market conditions. The advent of tariffs has resulted in us canceling further product launches in favor of having a more sustainable cash flow.
2. Launch on Amazon Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and eventually, Australia
We’re already on Amazon CA and also Amazon UK. However, sales figures for Amazon UK have been lower than what we expected. Amazon CA remains a bright spot though.
3. Optimize our Amazon PPC listings to increase sales by an average of 50%
On-track but the whole process has taken longer than expected. However, I expect that we’ll get this done before the end of the year, at least for top listings.
4. Optimize Amazon PPC
We’ve managed to drop ACOS from 30% to under 25 %, this figure represents 5-figures a month in savings for us.
5. Implement the concepts in the book Traction in our business
6. Reach $10 million in revenue at a 10% net profit
Again, market conditions will mean that we won’t be meeting this goal. I’m hoping that we’ll end up somewhere around the $7 million mark, depending on Q4 performance.
7. Lose 12 lbs
To date, I have already lost between 8 -10 lbs from doing intermittent fasting and going on 3-mile hikes.
8. Record 100 episodes of the EcomCrew podcast
We’re already on episode 193 and can end up doing up to episode 198.
9. Launch a new version of ecomcrew.com
10. Launch at least 4 new courses
We’ve now done this with the recent launch of the Facebook Messenger course.
11. Speak at 4+ industry events
This has also been accomplished.
12. Hike 80 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail
This didn’t happen but I did go on a 3-day trip backpacking and hiking trip to Mammoth Lakes.
13. Take an epic 2-week vacation
We went on a great vacation to New England. We also visited Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont and checked out the cities of Quebec and Montreal. This brings my total to 48 states visited.
14. Visit the Philippines office at least once
Visited the guys out there in April. I was planning to go back in October but that fell through. Planning a trip there next year.
15. Read 4 books
For this quarter, I read Phil Collins’s memoir Not Dead Yet.
16. Handoff my Facebook ads to other people within the company
Was checked off but now it’s unchecked again because our marketing person left. We’ll have to go back to the drawing board on this to rethink things because what we’re doing at the moment isn’t working.
17. Come up with at least one new tactic that no one else is doing
Haven’t had a whole lot of time to do this but we’ll see what happens.
18. Never lose sight of the bigger picture: create 5-star products that customers will truly enjoy. Enjoying coming to work every day and ensuring that we creating jobs and opportunities for employees ensuring that they’re excited to come to work every day.
I have been getting positive feedback on our products and from our employees.
Registration to EcomCrew Premium is closed indefinitely. But, you can still learn from us through our suite of free courses. There’s a total of 20 videos covering ecommerce topics like Importing from China and Building a 7-Figure Business. Find more information on the link below.
Free Video Courses
As always, thanks for listening to this episode! If you enjoyed listening and think this episode has been useful to you, please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy selling!