E302: 2019 Goals Review
It’s goals time. Before I go into 2019's list, revisiting the 19 goals I’ve set up for myself and my company is something that I like to do before we get too deep into the year.
Some of these goals were aimed for myself personally and for the company. And in this episode, we’re going through each of them – the ones we achieved, the ones we failed, and the ones that we got through halfway.
Before going through this latest and final update of the progress made on my 2019 goals, here are the links to all the previous ones to get you up to speed.
E243: 2019 Goals, A Recap on the 1st Quarter
E279: 2019 Goals, After 8 Months
E289: 2019 Goals, After 11 Months
2019 consisted more of ups than downs but for some reason, when you hit those low points, they feel really heavy. We may not have achieved some of these goals but we were still able to achieve some of the really important ones, like selling ColorIt and being more location independent.
So, here goes.
- Sell a brand.
- Position another brand for sale in late 2020.
- Getting back to location independence.
- Reducing debt to zero dollars.
- Hike the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island.
- Take at least 10 weeks of personal travel.
- Record 6 or more episodes of the Roadshow.
- Invest in at least 1 ecommerce business.
- Lose 10 more pounds.
- Visit the Philippines office in 2019.
- Start selling our services for EcomCrew.
- Significantly improve the quality of the podcast.
- Film season 2 of the 5 Minute Pitch.
- Break each of our brands out into different companies.
- Start hosting personal events for EcomCrew.
- Speak at 6 industry events.
- Shift to doing things that only bring me immense personal fulfillment.
- Do intermittent fasting for all of 2019 and eat less meat.
- Not to drink the rest of 2019.
I'm definitely glad to cross out most of the items on this list. They were things that in hindsight, might have been necessary and I just didn't know it yet. Being more location independent for the second half of 2019 restored my thirst for stability, so in 2020, I'd definitely like to be more rooted where I am.
If you'd like to listen to the Tropical MBA Podcast where I was a guest in, you can listen to it here.
Join us at tomorrow's free webinar, How to Start a Brand from Scratch in 2020 and Beyond.
Learn strategies that can help your ecommerce business grow and scale. Subscribe to EcomCrew Premium.
Finally, if you enjoyed listening and think this episode has been useful to you, please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy selling!